Important – this is a legal agreement between Baker Regulatory Services Limited (“Baker Regulatory”) and you. Please read the following terms carefully. By using our website, you agree to this agreement whether or not you have read it. If you do not agree to this, you may not access or otherwise use this website.
From time to time, Baker Regulatory may modify this agreement. Accordingly, please continue to review this agreement whenever accessing or using the website. If at any time you do not wish to accept this agreement, you may not use the website. You may only use the website in accordance with the terms outlined below.
- Baker Regulatory either owns or is licensed to use the copyright in the data, table, graphic, editorial or other content of its website pages and in the data appearing on its website(s) unless another copyright holder is credited on the relevant website page.
- We appreciate that our material may help to back-up your own research or to augment your organisation’s promotional activities. You may use the Baker Regulatory owned material on this website for non-commercial use provided you do all of the following:
- act within the copyright laws of Jersey, or of the territory or country in which you reside;
- publish the material without any adjustment which would alter its meaning or bring BAKER & PARTNERS, its personnel, representatives, agents, clients or the subject of the material or any other person or entity into disrepute;
- meet the requirements of current Human Rights legislation and Data Protection Law within Europe, the USA or the country in which you reside;
- publish a credit to Baker Regulatory, and to any individual named author, at the foot of the re-used material; and, if reproduced on a website, include a URL link to the original article or the point of entry to that website page or to the publication’s website page as agreed in advance in writing with the website administrator or the Baker Regulatory Copyright Executive.
- Baker Regulatory may make available certain Content Licence Agreements for the commercial re-use, translation and/or re-publishing in printed or electronic form of design and content from its Website and pages. Only a holder of a current Content Licence agreement who satisfies all requirements of that Licence agreement may re-use, translate or re-publish in any form or medium design or content which originates on a website or webpage owned or managed by Baker Regulatory for commercial purposes.
- All goodwill associated with your use of the Baker Regulatory trade name or marks shall inure solely to the benefit of Baker Regulatory and you shall not assert any claim or ownership to any trade names or marks or to the goodwill or reputation thereof. All other trade-marks, brand names, products and company names all over which are cited on this Website are the trade-marks and/or property of their respective owners.
- If you are unsure of the legality of your re-use of material published on websites owned or managed by Baker Regulatory you should contact Baker Regulatory at: email@example.com
- You may not use the website to display or transmit any unlawful, misleading, hateful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable material that;
- harasses or is harmful to another person;
- invades another person’s privacy or amounts to a breach of confidence; or
- infringes a third party’s rights (including any intellectual or property rights) or information of any kind including but not limited to transmission constituting or encouraging conduct which would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any national or international law.
- You must not use the website to:
- send junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid selling schemes or other forms of solicitation (except where we expressly permit you to do so);
- transmit or post any material containing a software virus or interfere with or negatively affect any other user’s use of the website.
- You may not transmit any information, software, email or attachment which contains in full or in part any Virus, Worm, Trojan Horse or other harmful component.
- You may not restrict or inhibit use of the websites by any other individual or organisation.
- You may not post, publish, transmit, distribute or otherwise exploit any software, information or material obtained through the website of Baker Regulatory and its associated companies other than for the purposes expressly permitted.
- All individual articles, reports and other elements making up the website may be copyright works or protected by database rights. You agree to abide by all additional copyright and database right notices or restrictions contained on the website.
- You agree to notify Baker Regulatory in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access to or use of the website by any party.
- Other than the licences granted to you under this agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse-engineer, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, upload to create derivative works from, transmit, communicate or in any other way exploit any part of the website and/or the website’s material.
- The website and all the information contained therein may not be used to construct a database of any kind nor may the website be stored in its entirety or in any part in databases for access by you or any third party or to distribute any database websites containing all or part of the website.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Baker Regulatory from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against Baker Regulatory by a third party to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceedings is based on or arises in connection with your use of the website and any breach by you of this agreement. This clause survives termination of this agreement for any such reason.
- You accept that Baker Regulatory has the right to change the material, or information of any aspect of the website at any time at its sole discretion. You further accept that such changes result in your being unable to access the website. Baker Regulatory may have to suspend the website from time to time to carry out maintenance and to make upgrades.
- You release Baker Regulatory from all responsibility arising in connection with material posted or sent using the website.
- You grant Baker Regulatory a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive perpetual license to copy, modify, adapt and make available any material that you post or send using the website.
- Our hyperlinks:
- The Website may include links to third party websites. Such hyperlinks are included to ease the user’s path through the Internet.
- Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the website referred to.
- Hyperlinks can become out-of-date and cease to work or they can direct users to a website page whose contents or use have been changed by its owner. Baker Regulatory has no control over and can therefore accept no responsibility or liabilities for any losses or penalties that may be incurred or for the accuracy of hyperlinks to third party web sites, or the content of such third party websites.
- Baker Regulatory accepts no responsibility for the activities or operations of these websites or the accuracy, copyright, compliance, legality or decency of any content or services available at these websites.
- Your hyperlinks:
- You may provide hyperlinks to the website and pages owned and/or managed by Baker Regulatory without the prior written consent from Baker Regulatory.
- Such hyperlinks may only direct users to the home page of the relevant website and must display the relevant page in the same form as this website, without amendment or framing.
- The material and information published on this website and on all other websites of Baker Regulatory are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Baker Regulatory do not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of the material or information nor its suitability for any particular purpose. To the extent permitted by law, Baker Regulatory excludes any liability whether in contract, tort (negligence) or otherwise for any incorrect or misleading information on the website.
- Errors can occur and Baker Regulatory offer no assurance that they will be corrected. No liability will be accepted in respect of service interruptions, nor in the event of any Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses and other harmful components being present in or transmitted by Baker Regulatory systems and networks.
- Baker Regulatory do not accept any liability for any loss of data or software, revenue, business, profits cost or expense, or any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of, or the lack of availability of the website or their content and/or in connection with any permission, right or licence to use the material given under clause 2 or otherwise.
- It is your responsibility to assess the value of the information and material on the websites in the light of your own business and personal circumstances. Website content remains journalistic opinion and does not constitute legal, financial or professional advice, and may not represent the views of the Baker Regulatory, its directors, employees or agents. Baker Regulatory attribute any non-Baker Regulatory material in good faith; however, it is your responsibility to check the attribution and rights in respect of Baker Regulatory and non Baker Regulatory material and obtain any necessary rights in respect of reproduction of any non Baker Regulatory material.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Baker Regulatory disclaims all warranties, express or implied, relating to the content or services available on or accessible through the website, including any term of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and any term as to the provision of services to a standard of reasonable care and skill or as to non- infringement of any intellectual property right.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law and except in respect of death or personal injury arising out of Baker Regulatory’s negligence, Baker Regulatory will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including legal costs) incurred in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the website and you release Baker Regulatory from all such liability.
- No waiver by Baker Regulatory of any breach of any obligation arising under this agreement shall constitute a waiver of any other breach and no failure to exercise or partial exercise by Baker Regulatory of any remedy shall constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy.
- If any provision of this agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid unlawful or unenforceable for any reason then such part will be severed from the remainder of this agreement, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Baker Regulatory and you. All prior agreements understandings and negotiations and representations (save for fraudulent misrepresentation) whether oral or in writing are cancelled in their entirety. The terms of any other electronic communications will not form part of this agreement.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Jersey and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jersey Courts.
2 – 10 Library Place
Phone: +44 (0) 1534 719222